Level: F.Sc (Pre-Engg)
Class: 2nd Year
Board: Punjab Textbook Board
Chapter No.6: Conic Section
Type: Solution Notes
Author: Prof. Ahmad Ali
PDF Size: 11 MB
In this exercise we will read these topics:
- Define parabola.
- Derive the standard equation of parabola y2=4ax.
- Derive the general equation of a parabola.
- Write the relationship between the second-degree equation and parabola.
- Define focus, directrix, axis and vertex of parabola.
- Define tangent at vertex and chord of parabola.
- Define the focal chord and latus rectum of the parabola.
- What do you mean by the eccentricity of a parabola?
- Prove that length of latus rectum of a parabola is 4a.
- Point of a parabola which is closest to the focus is the vertex of parabola.
- Length of latus rectum.
- Define Reflecting property of parabola.