Level: F.Sc (Pre-Engg)
Class: 2nd Year
Board: Punjab Textbook Board
Chapter No.4: Introduction to Analytic Geometry
Type: Solution Notes
Author: Prof. Ahmad Ali
PDF Size: 21.8 MB
In this exercise we will read these topics:
- Define the inclination of a line.
- Define the slope or gradient of a line.
- Write formula for slope of a line passing through two points.
- What is the condition of two parallel lines.
- What is the condition of two perpendicular lines.
- When three points are said to be colinear.
- What is the equation of line parallel to x-axis.
- What is the equation of line parallel to y-axis.
- What do you mean by intercepts.
- State and prove the equation of line in slop-intercept form.
- Types of lines.
- State and prove equation of line in point-slope form.
- Derive the symmetric form of a line.
- State and prove equation of line in two-points form.
- Equation of non-vertical straight line passing through two points.
- State and prove equation of line in intercept form.
- State and prove equation of line in normal form.
- Describe the position of a point with respect to line.
- Point of intersection and condition of concurrent.
- Prove that altitudes of a triangle are concurrent.
- Prove that the right bisector of triangle are concurrent.
- Distance of a point from a line.
- Area of triangle.