Level: F.Sc (Pre-Engg)
Class: 2nd Year
Board: Punjab Textbook Board
Chapter No.4: Introduction to Analytic Geometry
Type: Solution Notes
Author: Prof. Ahmad Ali
PDF Size: 10.2 MB
In this exercise we will read these topics:
- What are the meanings of the word geometry?
- Who was the founder of geometry.
- What is Plane geometry.
- What is Solid geometry.
- What is analytic geometry?
- Define a coordinate plane and coordinate axes.
- Define abscissa and ordinate of a point.
- Define quadrants.
- State and prove distance formula.
- Distance of point P(x,y) from x-axis is |y| and from y-axis is |x|.
- Distance measured non-parallel to coordinate axes is called undirected distance.
- Distance measured parallel to the coordinate axes is called directed distance.
- State and prove the Ration formula or Division formula.
- State and prove the Ration formula/Division formula for external division.
- Derive mid-point formula from ratio formula.
- Define Median of a triangle.
- What do you mean by concurrent lines.
- Define Centroid of a triangle.
- Show that medians of a triangle are concurrent.
- What are coordinates of centroid of a triangle.
- Define angle bisector and in-center of a triangle.
- Write a formula for the in-center of a triangle.
- Show that Bisectors of angles of a triangle are concurrent.