“Something is better than nothing” is a very simple and useful proverb, but we often fail to act on it. We do not understand how much wise it is to be satisfied with what we have. When we desire and try to get something better, we should not throw away or lose what we already have. Another proverb “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” also teaches us the same lesson. The following story of the dog brings out the truth of it.
A dog once lived near the market place of a small town. One day he stole a piece of meat from a butcher’s shop. Then he started towards the fields. He wanted to get across
- A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
- Do not use your all before you can get something in its place.
- All covet (desire greatly), all lose.
- One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
- Contentment is a great blessing.
- Greed is a curse.
- Greed causes losses or destruction.
- One should be satisfied with what one has.